The human condition...or simply his reply:

Now I've ruffled her feathers, haven't I... The following is a list of bones of contention that the missus is at odds with plus some that make her sing (sorry for the painful mixed metaphors...)

I've put them down just to remind myself. So here goes...:


- I use the kitchen towels (the rolls!) as snot rags instead of the kleenexes
- I dry myself with her towel and leave it damp
- I change the bed sheet and not the covers (because of an incongruity in their rates of depreciation)
- I hang up the laundry with some corners touching the balcony floor that's caked in a layer of construction dust from the nearby building site
- I leave odds and ends, such as condom boxes, lying around everywhere
- I dilute the shower gel with water just to extend it a bit (you know to save a bit of hard-slogged dosh)

Are these reasons for divorce?

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Another blogger said:

I don’t know about you…but these 15 things annoy me:

1. drivers chatting on cell phones whilst driving
2. pan-handling
3. talking for the duration of a movie show
4. the price tag of popcorn and drink at a movie show
5. people who don’t pick up their dog’s poop
6. you dine at a spotless restaurant, only to find a filthy washroom
7. yellow highlighting in books from the library
8. tv shows, 40 minutes of show, 20 minutes of commercials
9. at the check-out, someone counts a pocketful of change very slowly
10 sitting next to someone on the bus, while they are listening to rap music
11 sitting next to someone on the bus with B.O.
12 people who’s dogs bark throughout the night
13 people who don’t look behind them when they back out of parking spaces
14 misbehaved children in restaurants while parents are oblivious
15 sadly, pets and children left in scorching cars while the owners shopped

I say: "Hey why not look on the bright side":
1. Driver is calling in to report a radar trap
2. The only way to keep wealth spread evenly in this ridden with greed world
3. Most movies nowadays are not worth the celluloid they were spliced on anyway. In a "good film" the silence should be deafening. Try one...
4. Well I think ahead and tend to bring my own booze to cover all my bases
5. Dog's poop is the least of our urban sprawl and green concrete problems - look at crime, carbon monoxide, congestion charges, carbon footprints, annoying neighbours...
6. Most restaurants are spotless, most washrooms are used...
7. That means that some bookcrosser has thankfully pre-selected the most important parts for you to read. Saves time...
8. That's private television for ya. Ever check out state-owned tv?
9. They might have a 2.5-dioptre
10. Better than listening to some chav screaming down the mobile so everyone can hear their latest business deals or acquisitions
11. What's better - B.O. or the penetrant effluvium of a bad aftershave or perfume?
12. Maybe they are howling to the moon. Face it - most metropolitans prefer furkids nowadays...
13. It's do or die out there on the road. Only predictive drivers survive the natural selection process. The White Van Man rules the tarmacadam!
14. Parents are also oblivious to the fact you've just given one of the little rotters a clip behind the ear...
15. 50% of all parents were not meant to be such...

16. I'll take your word for it...